Saturday, January 9, 2010

my trip through pancake hell

after the cake incident (click HERE to read about that fatal accident) my brother wanted pancakes. i was just going to make the serving size that makes 10 pancakes, but with my terminal blondeness, i misread the label and put in the 10 pancake measurment of powder, but the 30 pancake measurment of water. so then i had to add more powder so the finished pancakes would be edible. let me tell you, making pancakes is fun for about the first 6, then it is boring as hell. and i suck at flipping them- so the half that are not burned are all crinkly from being pushed together. i am rather proud of this one that i made that was nearly the size of the plate, and it retained its shape the entire time!! yes, successfully making pancakes is enough to make me feel accomplished. they tasted fine, it just took me FOREVER!!! i was so bored. i think i nearly set off the smoke alarm, too.

~learn how to read labels!~

No comments:

Post a Comment