Saturday, January 9, 2010

the cake that hates me.

so i was bored this morning after my happy post and decided i wanted to make a cake. so i went into my mom's better homes cook book and found the recipe for fudge cake. it looked good so i started making it. i have this ultimate fear of electric mixers- you turn it on low and it STILL sprays stuff everywhere. so i had that going for me. but other than the crazy-messy kitchen, the actually making of the cake went fine. i put the two rounds in the oven, and then my brother decided he wanted pancakes (click HERE for that story). that whole thing backfired on me. so then it was time to try to put the cakes together. i am almost disabled when it comes to taking cakes out of pans. so the bottom layer fell apart on me. i thought i would just try to peice it together with frosting, which doesn't work if you are wondering. the next layer wasn't any better. so there i was- with both layers of the cake hating me enough that they have to fall apart. the frosting (AMAZING by the way!! recipe HERE) was not too spreadable either, i probably would've been, had i actually tried to spread it, but if i had, the cake proably would've literally exploded on me. so i settled for kinda patting on little globs of frosting.
i gave up on making it look good after this ordeal, and tried to "finish" putting on the frosting without injuring anyone. hopefully the bananna bread in the oven will be a success- otherwise my pride as a baker will be ruined. plus- i prpbably consumed a jillion calories just in frosting (yes, it is that good)the only thin is- there is a bunch of shortening in it. i absolutely abhore shortening. what even is it anyway (comment if you know) it says on the can "all vegtable shortening" take that for what you will. its just gross!!
~show yourself the love you show others~

No comments:

Post a Comment