Tuesday, January 26, 2010

my new healthy lifestyle plan :P

so i have tried so so much to get in shape that it literally seems am impossible task. so today, i came to realize that i can try to get in shape by taking small steps and doing it completely naturally. and by naturally, i simply mean the "old fashioned" way of getting in shape- diet and excersize. for many people, myself included, finding time to work out is a challenge. and especially for those of us in my situation, without a gym membership or a way to get there, we have to rely on what we can do at home. so i am getting rid of everything i have tried before and going back to the basics.
my plan is to get up around an hour earlier every day (which means for me, 4:30ish.... yaaaay!!). when i wake up i am going to be doing yog-esque stretches, some real yoga and some things that i've created by combining yoga poses with stretches and strengthening excersizes. then i'll do some core and strength stuff. i don't plan on doing cardio much before school, and i won't always have time after, but i will try to squeezse it in wheneever possible.
as far as eating goes... i'm not going to officially be on a diet ("diets" make me feel too limited and make me feel bad whenever i eat something not in them), but i will be trying to make smarter choices. fruit vs. the carbs i am normally addicted to, and adding in more organicish foods instead of just eating crap whenever i feel like it. i also think this will work for me personally because this food is less appealing taste-wise to me, so if i tell myself all snacks i eat have to be healthy, i am likely to cut out some of the snacking i do on a daily basis... you following me here??
i am not a professsional so i don't really know that this will work, but i'll keep you updated on how everything goes. i am really just sick of feeling out of control of my body. so i am taking charge and going for it. i'm going back to the basics!!! small steps eventually add up (i'm hoping...) and my goal is to be in the best shape ever by summer, sooner would be good, but i'll really need to commit for that!!

follow me on twitter for my plan updates:
main twitter account
other twitter
youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment